Take your watercolors to the Next Level with Lorie Topinka and Laurie Richards San Miguel de Allende, Saturday, March 4, 2017
Are you ready to take your watercolors past the "coloring book" phase and learn how to blend colors and use specific techniques in your paintings? In this two-part Saturday workshop, first up local artist Lorie Topinka will guide you through the intermediate steps of mixing water colors on your palette.
After a noon-time lunch break served up by Laurie's husband David, Laurie will offer techniques for optimizing the unique characteristics of watercolor, and for taking advantage of what is special about this medium.
You'll leave at the end of the day with the provided watercolor book filled with your notes and exercises. Please note that the workshop instruction is focused on watercolor, not on drawing or sketching. You will use a pencil not a pen, essentially drawing with the watercolor itself. However, bring your regular urban sketching art supplies so that you can immediately apply what you have learned using your own arsenal of tools.
Laurie Richards had completed a career in cross cultural education and information technology when she began writing and illustrating children's stories. Given her love of technology, Laurie initially worked extensively in digital art. Use of traditional art materials and urban sketching came later. In this workshop Laurie shares her love of teaching and her enthusiasm for watercolor with others who love to sketch.
This workshop will provide the THREE P's: Paint Palette Paper
Next Level Watercolors
Lorie Topinka and Laurie Richards Saturday, March 4, 2017 10:00am - 3:00pm Home of Laurie Richards in Colonia San Rafael.
Price: $500 pesos Includes lunch and all materials (Paint, Palette and Paper; bring your Pencils not your Pens) Bring a beverage if you wish. Please pay at the door but RSVP below. Class size limited to 10. If workshop is full, you will be notified of next workshop.
CLASS DETAILS: 1. We will provide a delicious cheese pizza lunch, mid workshop... prepared by my husband David... If you do not care for or cannot eat pizza, please bring something else.
2. Please bring a drink if you want something other than water.
3. Please bring your normal sketching materials... HOWEVER, we will not be sketching or using pens, but, we will have opportunities to use your paints and sketchbook.
4. We will not be using water brushes for this workshop. You will need your regular watercolor brush... medium size.
5. We will provide: paint, palette and paper... this is to provide consistency and control for the exercises...
7. Bring your enthusiasm and desire to have fun! Oh, and bring your workshop fee of $500.