Can I come on the trip alone?
- Absolutely, you will leave with a new art tribe.
- Airfare is NOT included. Often we will take group transportation from our home city of San Miguel de Allende, but when traveling on your own to meet the group, your transportation cost is not included.
- The trip costs are based on double occupancy (two beds). Depending on the trip, there may be a few rooms available for single occupancy but there will be an additional charge.
- Highly recommend it. Travel Guard, World Nomads are two and your travel agent can also help you, as can AAA.
- Yes, you will be required to read the waiver releasing Art Leap Adventures from any and all liability related to the tour as part of your registration. Your registration will not be final unless you have read and agreed to the terms.
- See Terms.
- Each trip is different, but generally it is helpful that you have taken at least a few local classes, online courses or have been producing some art on your own.
- It depends on how much you like to shop. You will need money for tipping, alcohol, purchasing any items in local markets and sometimes for taxis to/from the airport. You can order pesos through your bank or AAA. It usually only takes a couple of days, a week at most, so just plan accordingly. Please understand that if you use your ATM card in country, there will be fees associated for foreign transactions.
- Visa and Mastercard are the most widely accepted. They must be signed on the back. It is a good idea to notify your bank prior to traveling to notify them that you will be using your credit card and debit card. You will be charged a foreign transaction fee unless you have a card that waives them. There are several that do—worth checking out. However, cash is king, especially in more remote towns of Mexico, so it is best to be prepared with cash.
- It is a good idea to contact your carrier and find out what their policy is for the country in which you will travel. I advise putting your phone on airplane mode to avoid large data charges and then turn it back on when you are within WIFI areas. Most places we travel will have WIFI access. We cannot guarantee cellular connectivity 100% of the time.
- Generally these trips are for the artists and we may not have room on the transportation vehicles or in the hotel/B&B, so it is on a trip by trip basis whether there will be room or not.
- Yes, although sometimes we get so carried away with making our art that we end up with not a lot of free time. It is, however, built into the schedule.